1. I finished my university job in the first week of May. I was an academic support worker for students and seeing as it is now exam time followed by holidays there isn't any more work.
2. I spent a couple of weeks job-hunting and spending ages writing fancy cover letters only to hear nothing back from most.
3. I've landed myself two new jobs. My first is cleaning show homes and helping in the office. I'm not entirely sure on this. The cleaning part is fine but the office is very male-dominated and i'm not very good on 'banter' that seems to make it tick.
4. My second is working at the weekends for a catering recruitment agency. I've only done one weekend here so far. I worked at a wedding last Saturday. It went well but I felt AWFUL when I finished. Every single part of my body hurt and I then had to drive over an hour to get home in the small hours of the morning! On the Sunday I worked in the one of the hospitality restaurants at Stoke City at the Stoke V Liverpool game. I did catch a few minutes of the game but managed to miss all seven goals lol!
5. I did start drinking loads of water each day and I liked the effects. Unfortunately diet and exercise have gone out of the window recently, especially this weekend. We bought lots of goodies to watch the game and i've just eaten everything in sight. I'll start again tomorrow because my new work trousers are tight enough as it is!
6. I've started a bullet journal inspired by reading this from Miss Pond It's a method that brings and keeps all your lists and notes together in one place. So far I really love it and it helps keep me accountable for my tasks.
7. Speaking of the game, we decorated the house for the Aston Villa V Arsenal FA Cup Final yesterday. So proud of my team for getting there but we just didn't perform well yesterday. Oh well onward and upwards for the new season.
8. I'm watching normal Big Brother for the first time in a long time. The housemates obviously got on a little too well so BB shook it up on Friday. It was very dramatic, especially that carousel, the evictees were very shocked!
9. Almost forgot three very important events. The General Election. I did have a lot to say about this at the time but it's left my mind now. It was great to see so many young people online getting involved. Whether this applied to all young people I don't know. I do think politics should be taught in school. At 27 I am only just starting to understand it myself. Don't get me started on other elections though. We were having council elections too, baffling!
10. #VEDay70 I thought the concert in London was beautiful and a wonderful mix of performances, readings, visuals and memories. One lady who was reading a letter home from a soldier that died, was struggling and was very emotional reading it, as was I. Take a moment and think of those involved and effected by the war and how lucky we are today.
11. A new princess was born. I was glued to the screen with my Mum and Nana awaiting a glimpse. Great name choice. Charlotte is my sisters name, Elizabeth is my middle name and it was very fitting to have Diana there. Welcome to the world HRH Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana.
This week i'm looking forward to the Canadian Grand Prix on Sunday. It's always a good race, in fact the best one i've ever seen was at Canada in 2010 when Jenson Button came from last place to win it!
I also have to decided by Thursday which university to 'firm'. I know it's going to be a night before decision, I really can't make my mind up!
I've tried a different format this time, is it easier to read this way? I've not really been feeling blogs recently and most of my Bloglovin' feed just isn't appealing. If you've posted lifestyle recently link it below, it's the only type i'm into reading at the moment.
Hope you've all enjoyed your weekends (working or not working), have you been up to much?
I've linked my other weekly updates below if you fancy a peek.